Annie Sloan Complete Bathroom Makeover

Complete Bathroom Makeover: More Pics Coming!

Annie Sloan Bathroom Makeover

Before / After -   Bathroom was blue and brown and dull, now, it pops with Color! 

I did a total bathroom makeover using Annie Sloan paint. The walls were done in a wash of Antibes Green. I wanted the walls to look washed out as Antibes Green is a powerful color! No prep was needed. I used about one cup mixed with 1/3 cup water on the whole bathroom walls.  It went far.  I did some darker, and some lighter.  The bathroom had been done in a blah - sky blue gloss.  Chalk paint is not gloss but it came out nicely.

Antibes Green Chalk Paint on Bathroom
Antibes Green Wash on Walls.

Note the towel rack I did in Old White, and now hang my jewelry on it.  It looks stunning with necklaces on it and I'll add a picture later.  (Pic w/ stuff hanging on it Coming) I was still unsure, and I think I was missing something. 
Anitibes Green
Pic: AnnieSloan.com  I ordered mine from The Purple Painted Lady

Ah yes, the bathroom cabinet.  It was that dark ugly brown from when the cabinet was originally built. I wanted to antique it shabby white, but instead I decided to keep the green theme. 

how to use chalk paint on bathroom
The cabinet  (before) bleeehhhh

Chalk Paint Bathroom Cabinet using Old Knobs for Handles
Chalk Paint Bathroom Cabinet using Old Knobs for Handles

It looks much better in person, but it's Antibes Green, Aubusson Blue, and dark waxed.  I replaced the handles with vintage knobs.  If you want to know how to do this, I'll cover it in a future post.  Here are some knobs I just got for the kitchen cabinets.
Vintage Faucet Knobs
Before....

Chalk Paint Faucet Knobs
I added a little chalk paint distress to some of them, and covered the rusty ones with Chalk Paint.

I will also add a picture soon of the bathroom door I did with this paint, it did wonders!   Thank you Annie Sloan. I just adore your paint. It cost me $34.95 a quart and I have plenty left. 

Popular Posts