Uncreative Times: Take A Vacation!

Georgia Vacation Home
I really want to go to this vacation home in Stone Mountain, Georgia!
Curing the Non-Creative Peaks with Vacations

Summer I get no vacations.   It's work, work, work, work, work, and more work. That makes for a non-creative attitude in the summer months. My art ability seems to plummet.

Fall's approaching and for me, it's vacation time.  I'm so going to do the whole private rental thing. I was looking at Hotels Vs Homes site, and you can book a private residence (some pet friendly) for the comparable cost of a hotel. What's not to love? I can relax my mind and feel at home at the same time.

It's no secret that vacations are good for your mind and your soul.  Just to get away from the busy part of life means more creativity for your artwork!

How to Stay Creative: 

  • If you can't create, take a break. Rushing or creating when "not in the mood" won't turn out your best work. 
  • Mental vacations are needed, even if you can't take a real one. 
  • Get outdoors. Let nature inspire you. 
  • Have art night with a pal or close friend. Two minds are more creative than one. 
  • Don't be too hard on yourself, not every day is going to be a museum quality art piece day. 




Popular Posts