Cherri Miele Rocks, American Visionary Art & 'Tis that Time of Year Again

Imagine my suprise when I found out that *two* of my Team Members live within a few miles of me! I finally got a chance to catch up with one of them Wednesday --- Cherri Miele of ChersPassion and make a day of it!
Cherri Miele and Moi, two artsy divas!

I saw where she makes her art :) then off to the American Visionary Art Museum. We spent the day walking and talking about The Etsy Recyclers Guild Team and the future of our planet!

The Art was amazing--they had one building closed off because Fred Schneider (B52's) was there practicing for his band's gig Friday night. We heard him singing as we ate lunch at the wonderful Mr. Rain's Funhouse, which is the newly re-opened eating place at the AVAM! Staff was superb LOVE THEM and food was excellent.  (recommend the chef salad!)

I was so pleased to see one of my alltime great favorite artists , Beverly Buchanan had work in the AVAM! I so love her tiny shacks!

Shack by Beverly Buchanan - I love these.

This is why belonging to a team is so important. To meet and network wtih other members just like you. There may be an Etsy team in your area where you can meet other local artisans. In my case, I am lucky enough to have a global team of eco-friendly RECYCLERS and some live near me.

Soon the fun goes on hold, as it's that time of year again for grilling up some famous Big Fat Daddy's famous pit beef. I'm happy to announce I've taken steps to make sure hubby is serving healthier food options, organic beef and veggies, using only transfat cooking oils (donating to local high school students who are making cars run on it SHOUT OUT TO SAM THE BIODIESEL GUY) and using recyclable and biodegradable serving items every opportunity we can.

Time to grill the beef at Big Fat Daddy's.

See you soon, as I'll probably be in your town.

Popular Posts