Monday, February 4, 2013

Design-Swag new Design Blog Website #design

Design Swag Design Blog

I'm pleased to say that I will be working extensively on a new site called Design-Swag.  I have been blogging on so many different blogs via Blogger or Wordpress, it's not even funny.  From vintage love to plastic dinnerware, assemblage art or anything that stokes me I tend to write and blog about. It made me wonder just what is my real passion?  That answer is simple. Handmade awesome items with vintage flair or mid century modern industrial design or antique retro for the fifties wannabe diva. I think of all these things and how they mix in with decor for the modern home and blam out popped design-swag.

Now I just love reading design sites of all kinds. You have Design Sponge which features everything from DIY to Gorgeous Interiors and I highly respect what Grace has done with her blog.  She is truly amazing and someone I look up to.  I'm pleased to say when I placed an ad for my RetroChalet store on her blog a few years back I had the best sales of my life and I do think anyone thinking about advertising on Design Sponge should know it's expensive but so worth it. Her site is probably the top design blog out there in my opinion.

Then you have Core 777 which has a lot of industrial and product design, and if you aren't reading it you should be.  I love that site. Super cool.

Design Milk has all kinds of design and modern decor, plus lots of virtual Vitamin D for your body and I adore their Pet Milk and House Milk related posts.  I'm really proud of that blogger for launching and getting such good reception so quick and becoming so popular so fast. Just goes to prove that milk does a body good.

My site will be a bit different, and I'm happy to see what I can do with it. Maybe something, maybe nothing, I don't know, but I'm going to streamline my focus on it for now.

For once I'm going to use a real hosting company (woahhhhh no free blogsite there) and build what I need from scratch with the help of Fat Cow and Wordpress. In fact Fat Cow tech support is my new best friend. They were a huge help considering I had a whole site made then wiped it out by overwriting (ouch lesson one, not good!) When I say wish me luck I mean it, because this building your own website thing is not as easy as it looks, even when it's with the help of wordpress.

Please bookmark it and read along. Your comments are appreciated. Oh, and I have that annoying little hypen in there just to make you look twice!

Wish me luck, and please follow me http://Design-Swag.com
or grab my feed here:  http://www.design-swag.com/feed/

Thanks!
Cindy


9 comments:

  1. You certainly did well, Cindy! You seem to be seriously determined now about the whole thing. Proof is that you decided to buy a web hosting service, which is just the right thing to do. You have more goals set now, and I believe a free hosting service can’t provide everything. Just keep your site as organized and trouble-free as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting post I’ve read on the topic about Web Design. You really have a good feel writing about it and you made it both interesting to read, and informative at the same time. I will definitely check back in the future to read more of your entries. Website Design in Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Designing your own website to your liking and incorporating content with it is something fun to do if you ask me. Yes, the process might not be as easy as many people think. But if you have a team of professionals who knows what they're doing and understands how you want your site to look and function, then you are left with enjoying all the fun of seeing your ideas emerging to life. Nice one, Cindy! Kristofer Mcginty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work approach and strategy are great. Wish you all the best returns!!

    App Development Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  5. designing your own website makes your business be well known and many people will come along in your store..many clients will be impressed if you have a good quality in your website..

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had that swag, I'll definitely brag! You know what? I really envy you for having an attractive website. The design might be plain, but how you manipulated the colors is so amazing! Anyhow, you should redo the navigation bar and make sub-categories to make it more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In having a website, specially for your business, it's better if you have Web Design company to help you out with your design. They make it attractive and also responsive to the internet surfers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Designers love to design their own websites because they know how to create a website which is according to the modern design trend. Good to see that you also enjoy designing your own website. It's a great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Exciting news, I'm working on a new site called Design-Swag. Check it out! http://Design-Swag.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...